National Media Fellowship - Call for applications
In collaboration with the Centre for Excellence in Journalism (CEJ) and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), we are pleased to announce our first National Media Fellowship on issues of Violence Against Women and Child Marriages.
The fellowship comprises of a ten-day extensive capacity-building training followed by a refresher course and a mentoring process for the preparation and production of news stories in print, electronic and digital media, including documentaries.
Stories from all mediums will be considered for the National Awards in categories of print, electronic, digital media and documentary.
- Mid to senior-level journalists and documentary film-makers.
- Five years of work experience with an established media outlet (electronic or print), online platform, or production firm.
- Freelance journalists are also eligible to apply. However, they must provide links/attachments to written/developed stories, news, or features at an established news platform.
- Journalists who are running their own media channels on social media platforms are eligible to apply. However, they must provide evidence of substantive and preferably organic outreach.
- Proven record of working on women’s issues with a special focus on Violence Against Women and Child Marriage.
- Must be a citizen of Pakistan.
- Should be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
The fellowship is open to journalists and documentary film-makers from across Pakistan. Women and journalists from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Please send in your applications by clicking the following link by 25 October, 2021.